Further to the Minister for Education’s press release in March 2019, Office 365 ProPlus licenses are now available for all pupils in maintained schools in Wales.
Licences will be automatically applied to pupil accounts which have consent approved for Hwb Additional Services.
The agreement for Microsoft 365 A3 includes:
- Office 365 pro Plus
- Always up-to-date Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook
- 5 PC installs and 5 mobile devices
- Minecraft Education Edition and Code Builder
Instructions on how to download are listed below. If you have any problems downloading the software, please contact the HWB Service desk (contact details below)
If your child is not sure of their HWB login, please ask the class teacher or get in touch with the office
- Log in to Hwb and navigate to Office 365
- Click on the Install Office dropdown (in the top right hand corner)
- Click Install software
- Under My installs, click Install Office
- Follow the on-screen instructions (installation can take a while depending on the Internet connection speed).
- Once installed, open an app such as Word and read and accept “The fine print”.
- A pop up will appear asking you to select a Default File Type. Select Office Open XML formats > Click OK.
- Click Sign in to get the most out of Office (in the top right hand corner) and enter your Hwb username and password. This will connect the additional services to the Office installation, such as OneDrive.
- If using Windows 10, accept the prompt. You may wish to un-tick Allow my organization to manage my device and select This app only.
For further support please contact the Hwb Service Desk: Hwb@gov.wales | 03000 25 25 25.